Photo: Adam P. Schweigert/WFIU
This delicious dish includes so many wonderful ingredients, like spinach, tofu, tomatoes, pine nuts and pesto, that you won’t miss the cheese!
Consider serving it with some of our Salsa Verde and Tofu Sour Cream.
Vegan Dream Quesadilla
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 pound firm tofu, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced (approximately 2)
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1/4 cup black olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup pinenuts, toasted
- salt, pepper and your favorite hot sauce to taste
- 6 spinach flour tortillas (or your favorite flavor)
- olive oil
- tofu sour cream
- basil or cilantro to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 450-degrees with baking stone or cookie sheet inside.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, tofu, tomatoes, pesto, olives, and pinenuts; season to taste with salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
- Place equal amounts on half of each tortilla and fold over. Brush olive oil on both sides or spray with non-stick spray.
- 10 minutes before serving, place the quesadillas on baking sheet or stone and cook until crisp on bottom, approximately 3-4 minutes. Serve with salsa and tofu sour cream.
- Garnish with herbs such as cilantro or parsley.