You’ll Get The Hang Of It
Impress your friends with these delicious potstickers!
This recipe makes a large batch of vegan Chinese dumplings, so you can fry some up tonight and freeze the rest to serve up at your next dinner party.
Since wrapping takes some practice, don’t get discouraged if you lose a few dumplings as you learn. Once you get the hang of it, you’ll be pinching corners in your sleep!
Vegan Chinese Duplings
- 1 package round dumpling wrappers, defrosted
- 1 bunch scallions, very finely diced
- 1/2 head napa cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 block firm tofu, pressed and finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon white or black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- soy sauce to taste
- Heat a large wok or frying pan on medium heat for three minutes (or until hot) before adding sesame oil and frying the scallions for one minute.
- Add mushrooms, cabbage, tofu, pepper and a splash of soy sauce; saute for ten minutes, stirring often.
- Add more soy sauce and pepper to taste, remove from heat, and let cool.
- After wrapping the dumplings (see video below), pan fry or steam them.
- Serve with hot Sriracha sauce.