Sweet & Spicy Nut Brittle
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- pinch of chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- pinch of salt
- pinch of Sweet Seasons Spice Blend, or Chinese Five Spice powder
- 2 cups nut mixture (walnuts, macademia nuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- Let sugar and corn syrup melt together in a flat bottom pan. Allow the mixture to caramelize, 3-5 minutes or until it turns a deep reddish brown color. (It does go from brown to black in no time flat, so keep an eye on it!) Keep the mixture continually moving.
- Add spices and nuts to the mixture. Add butter and baking soda.
- Turn and combine the mixture constantly, coating the nuts.
- Spray a sheet tray with nonstick spray. Pour out brittle onto tray and pat into an even layer.
- Let cool to room temperature. Break it up and store in airtight containers.
This recipe uses the Sweet Seasons Spice Blend.