A Real Winner
Have you been seduced by the quinoa yet? I certainly have!
Not only is quinoa really tasty, it’s rich in calcium, iron and protein.
I’ve been experimenting and mixing this super-grain with all sorts of veggies lately. Here is one of my favorite combinations so far. It’s a real winner.
Super Quinoa Salad
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook 1 cup of quinoa in 2 cups of water until water is gone and quinoa is fluffy. (A rice maker will work just fine if you have one.) Transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a medium size skillet, and add the onions and carrots. Cook until tender.
- Mix cooked veggies, avocado, cayenne pepper and lemon juice/zest into the quinoa.
- Serve warm or refrigerate for later.