Jerusalem artichokes, or sunchokes, contain vitamin C, phosphorus, potassium and are a very good source of iron.
This dish is an excellent topping for game, fish or vegetarian dishes. It also uses the same ingredients as the Sunchoke Soup.
Sunchoke Puree With Apple And Spices
- 1/2 pound sunchokes, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 3/4 pound potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- water to cover
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- pinch of sugar
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place sunchokes, potatoes and apple in a sauce pan and just cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until both potatoes and sunchokes are tender.
- Drain and mash together with butter, cream, spices, garlic and seasonings.