Hey everybody! After a long hiatus, it’s good to be back to food blogging. I’ve missed sharing my haphazard food experiments with you all and hope to have many more to share now that I’m here again.
I was on the phone with a friend recently and he was feeling down, so I offered to make and send him some cookies to cheer him up. I didn’t have much in my kitchen, so I looked up easy cookie recipes, and found this one on AllRecipes for Easy Sugar Cookies.
As usual, though, I couldn’t just leave this recipe as it was. The other day I had made a big batch of pumpkin puree, planning to make some sort of pumpkin bread or pumpkin pie. I decided to use a bit of that and some pumpkin spice to “spice” up these cookies (har har).
Anyway, I think these cookies turned out pretty well all-in-all. The flavor of pumpkin doesn’t overwhelm but adds a touch of moistness that makes these cookies a delight to bite into. Plus, they’re easy to prepare, and take just ten minutes to bake.
Easy Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. (I used a hand mixer.) Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the flour mixture, then stir in pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice until combined.
- Place heaping tablespoons of dough onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes in a preheated oven, or until golden. I removed them immediately and allowed to cool on a plate.