Photo: Roger Smith (Flickr)
Easy And Sneaky
Confession: I don’t always tell my oldest what’s in the food he’s eating. See, he detests legumes of all shapes and colors. In his mind beans are evil!
So when I serve up this healthy and flavorful dip, I keep the garbanzos secret. He doesn’t need to know — it’s not like it’s hurting him.
It shouldn’t take you more than a few minutes and a trip to pantry to put this one together.
- 2 15 ounce cans of garbanzo or white beans, mostly drained
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- Put everything in a food processor and pulse until desired consistency is achieved.
- Refrigerate for a few hours so the flavors have time to mingle.
- Serve with veggies or pita.