Photo: net_efekt (Flickr)
Looking to spruce up your cabbage? Try a simple stir fry!
While green cabbage is probably the most commonly eaten variety of cabbage, its red counterpart contains anthocyanin polyphenols, which may boast some extra health benefits.
Red Cabbage Noodle Medly
- 1 small red cabbage, shredded
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- A few green onions, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 16 ounces lo mein noodles
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 drizzle sesame oil
- Cook noodles according to directions on package, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and drizzle sesame oil. Add cabbage and stir fry 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add yellow onions and cook until soft -- about 5 minutes.
- Add noodles, soy sauce and green onions. Cook for another 3 - 5 minutes until everything is well combined.