Photo: SummerTomato (Flickr)
A couple of my friends and I decided to buy CSA shares this year. We are all in different cities and states, so it has been fun comparing what is in our boxes each week. We joke that sometimes we feel like we are on an episode of CHOPPED, and we wonder how we’re going to prepare some of the ingredients.
Don’t you just love when your messecipes turn into recipes?
My friend from Philadelphia contacted me today asking for something to do with mint because she was drinking too many Mojitos. I had the same problem last week, so I will share with you how I used mint in this super simple couscous salad.
Minty Couscous Salad
- 1 cup couscous, prepared according to box directions and cooled.
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut into chunks
- 1 bunch of mint, torn
- Salt to taste
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, tomatoes, cucumber, and mint.
- Add to cooled couscous, toss and serve. Enjoy!