Photo: Megan Meyer/WFIU
This Mexican creme is tasty enough to spoon over just about anything. It’s a good all-purpose sauce. This would be great on any number of vegetables or on fish or poultry.
But I especially like it as great way to re-imagine the traditional corn on the cob.
Mexican-Style Grilled Corn
- 4 ears corn, husked
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chili paste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- lime wedges
- grated cheese
- red pepper coulis or Pico Guapo
- Steam ears of corn before placing them on the grill.
- Grill corn until slightly caramelized.
- Whisk together cream, mayonnaise, chili paste, parmesan, lemon zest, and salt and pepper.
- Garnish with lime wedge, cheese, cilantro, and Pico Guapo.