Photo: ElDave (Flickr)
This is my new version of herbes de Provence with a few additions. You can use other herbs of Provence bends in its place or come up with your own multi-herb mix.
It is a fun way to use up all those half-empty containers of herbs. When using this blend rub it between your fingers and sprinkle it into or onto your dishes. this will release the essential oils in the herbs and awaken the flavors and aromas.
It is great on all types of veggies, fish and light meats. You’ll love it in dips, sauces and vinaigrettes, and it is great in pasta dishes and marinades as well. Try it in your next tomato sauce.
Mediterranean Herb Blend
- 2 tablespoons basil, dried
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, dried
- 2 tablespoons oregano, dried
- 2 tablespoons savory, dried
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, dried
- 2 tablespoons thyme, dried
- 4 tablespoons chervil, dried
- 1 tablespoon lavender flowers, dried
- 2 tablespoons shallots, dried and minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, dried and minced
- In a mortar and pestle, break up the rosemary and any other larger herbs and mix with the remainder of the ingredients.
- Store in airtight containers in a cool, dry place.