Earth Eats is partnering with WTIU Public Television’s children’s series The Friday Zone to empower kids to make healthy choices when choosing a snack. Food blogger and mom Heather Tallman prepares kid-friendly recipes with the help of Felix.
Zap Snak Pita Chips
- 2 whole wheat pita rounds
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Using kitchen scissors cut each pita in half. Carefully separate each half by opening it. Cut each piece into wedges.
- Place wedges, coarse side down and brush with olive oil. Flip over and do the same on the other side.
- Combine Parmesan cheese, basil and garlic in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the rough sides evenly.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden.
- Use 1 tablespoon sugar and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon for a sweet variation on this recipe.
Print out this recipe (PDF) and create your own cookbook!