Earth Eats is partnering with WTIU Public Television’s children’s series The Friday Zone to empower kids to make healthy choices when choosing a snack. Food blogger and mom Heather Tallman prepares kid-friendly recipes with the help of Felix.
- 1/2 cup softened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 rice cakes
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 1 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Blend cream cheese, honey and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Layer a few apple slices on top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes in a toaster oven or until cheese is melted.
Print out this recipe (PDF) and create your own cookbook!