Photo: Mags_cat (Flickr)
I love this on all types of fish and roasted vegetable dishes. You can crust a pork roast or chicken with it. It is great in guacamole, ranch dressing, and all your dips and spreads and super in soups and salads. It is a simple way to create depth in flavor.
I don’t know why I’m so nuts about these flavors; I guess it’s Greek to me!
When using this blend, rub it between your fingers and sprinkle it into or onto your dishes. This will release the essential oils in the herbs and awaken the flavors and aromas.
A simple addition of salt, pepper and fresh or powdered garlic can be used in its place.
Greek Garlic Spice Blend
- 1 tablespoon Greek oregano, dried
- 1 tablespoon basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek, ground
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper, butcher's style
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- Combine and store in an airtight container.