Photo: Annie Corrigan/WFIU
This is a one knife, one bowl recipe. Mix the cheese and add-ins with your hands — they’re some of the best tools in the kitchen!
Wrap up the cheese ball and keep it in your fridge for up to a week. It only gets better with age.
Goat Cheese Ball With Pecans, Cherries And Bacon
- one pound soft goat cheese
- dried cherries (or cranberries)
- pecans, roughly chopped
- pepper bacon, cut into little pieces
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- rosemary leaves
- thyme leaves
- To the goat cheese, add cherries, pecans and bacon. Add salt and pepper.
- Mix the cheese and add-ins by hand. (It should end up looking like a very large softball.)
- Decorate the outside with rosemary and thyme leaves.