Photo: nigel_appleton (Flickr)
There hasn’t been anything too interesting in the past couple of CSA boxes. I made pesto with the basil, a stir fry with the peas and cabbage, and roasted potatoes with an herb dressing with the red potatoes.
With the strawberries and lettuce I made a salad for a carry-in that wowed the pants off of my friends. The best part is that it looked fancy but took only a couple of minutes to throw together!
This recipe makes a lot, so just cut it in half for at-home use.
Fresh Strawberries And Greens
- 1 pint strawberries, washed and halved
- 1/2 pound fresh greens and spinach
- 3-6 ounces feta cheese
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons your favorite strawberry jam
- For the salad, combine strawberries, greens, cheese, and nuts.
- For the dressing, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar and strawberry jam in a bowl. Mix until incorporated. Pour over the salad or serve on the side.