Photo: Stacy Spensley (flickr)
This semester’s course load is a heavy one. Sometimes I’m on campus for a long stretch of time and just need a good snack.
Because I was horrified by the ingredients lists on grocery store granola bars, I came up with my own totally delicious balls of energy. Try them if you need a boost!
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/8 cup agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- Combine oats, nut butter, agave and chia seeds in a bowl.
- Chill in the fridge for at least an hour and then form the mix into 12 small (1/2-inch) balls.
- Liquify chocolate chips in the microwave, and spoon small amount onto the tops of granola bites.
- Store in the fridge and eat throughout the week!