Photo: Denis Dervisevic (flickr)
A little orange zest, minced fresh ginger, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, or your favorite booze can make this chocolate fondue really special. Serve with strawberries, star fruit, graham crackers, marshmallows, walnut halves, orange segments, and other things that go well with chocolate.
Warm Chocolate Ganache With Fresh Strawberries
- 1 cup finely chopped premium bittersweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- ginger, cayenne pepper, orange zest, etc. (to taste)
- Place the chopped chocolate in a bowl with your desired flavorings.
- In a saucepan, heat the cream over medium heat until it just begins to bubble.
- Remove from the heat and immediately pour the cream over the chopped chocolate. Stir the mixture until the chocolate has completely melted and mixed with the cream to form a thick sauce.
- Use immediately or keep warm over a hot water bath on very low heat until ready to use.