I can appreciate a quick and light dinner. It seems like by the time I get home, sort through the mail, empty backpack and lunchboxes, help with homework, and do a little housework, it is already 6:00pm and dinner is far from ready.
I, for one, am not a fan of eating dinner late. I like to have it on the table, eaten and cleaned up by 7:30pm. A lofty goal, I know, but an attainable one if you plan ahead.
I try to map out a few dinner ideas before I start each new week. It helps to keep me on track and also helps when I go to the grocery store or the farmers market. If I go with a meal plan and a list I tend to not over buy!
As for this recipe, start the simple marinade the night before so that when you get home you can simply place the chicken in the oven or on the grill.
Chicken Breasts In A Green Onion Marinade
- 4 whole local chicken legs or split breasts, skin removed
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, white and green portions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- In a plastic bag or shallow dish, add all of the ingredients to marinade for at least 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- Grill or bake as desired.