This dish of carrots and other root vegetables and dried fruits stewed in honey is traditionally served during Rosh Hashanah.
It’s also a great dish to make this time of year, right before your garden starts to take off. Pick up some root vegetables and give it a shot.
If you don’t have lemon confit in your kitchen already, consider making your own.
Carrot, Apple And Sweet Potato Tzimmes
- 3 large carrots
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons Sweet Seasons
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Confit
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup water
- Combine ingredients and add a cup of water.
- Cook, stirring, until water evaporates and carrots are tender and glazed.
This recipe uses the Sweet Seasons Spice Blend.