Photo: Chiot's Run (Flickr)
Are you picking beets from your garden right now? I sure am! This condiment recipe provides a great use for them.
We’ve used this dressing for all kinds of things, from a dipping sauce for tempura squash to a ketchup-substitute on a veggie burger. It’s also very tasty paired with goat cheese and drizzled over a salad.
Beet And Honey Vinaigrette With Orange
- 1 inch peeled and roughly chopped ginger
- 3 strips orange peel
- juice of 1 orange
- 2 medium roasted beets, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 cups salad oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until very smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.