Am I the only one obsessed with fresh green beans? It seems like I am, making them a different way every week. Lucky for me, my family loves them too.
Here is a way to prepare fresh green beans – Chinese style.
Chinese buffets usually have a version of these green beans, but by making them at home, you can control the ingredients. If you are concerned about your salt intake, use low-sodium soy sauce. Really love garlic? Use 6 cloves!
This is a perfect lunch or snack. Leftovers are great cold, too.
Asian-Style Green Beans
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- dash of Sesame oil
- 1 pound Fresh Green Beans
- Trim the green beans and wash well.
- Heat oil in large skillet on high-medium high.
- Add garlic and sesame oil.
- Quickly add the green beans, make sure the garlic does not burn or it will become bitter.
- Add Soy Sauce and stir constantly for 4 – 5 minutes. Take off heat.
- (If the beans are not done enough for your taste, you can just put a lid on the pot and steam with residual heat.)
Baked Sesame Tofu
- 1 block of Firm Tofu
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Vinegar (optional)
- 2 tablespoon Sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut tofu into strips or chunks.
- Marinate in Soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame seeds for at least 10 minutes.
- Bake in oven 10 minutes, flip tofu, cook additional 10-12 minutes.