Photo: Annie Corrigan/WFIU
Asian long beans can get up to 2.5 – 3 feet long, some people even call them, “yard-long beans.” They come in different varieties, some are a nice dark green and some are more pale.
Recently, we posted a recipe for Sauteed Long Beans with Garlic, Ginger and Sesame. If you want an even easier preparation for these tasty beans, try this:
Asian Long Beans With Sesame Oil
- 2-3 cups long beans
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- squeeze fresh lemon juice
- sesame oil
- Blanch the long beans. (Boil long beans for 3-4 minutes, until tender. Transfer to an ice bath.)
- Add garlic, ginger, lemon zest, and red pepper flakes to a pan of olive oil. Add long beans and a bit of water. Salt and pepper to taste, and add the sesame seeds.
- Squeeze long beans with lemon juice immediately before they are served. Drizzle sesame oil over top.