Photo: Brandon Christopher (Flickr)
No need to shop around. This season, the trendiest fashions are coming right out of your man’s closet! So what’s the new fad this winter? Plaid. A few months ago I would’ve thought of plaid as the typical uniform for a construction worker. Well now, the “grungy” lumberjack-look is all the rage.
With the coming of winter, you’ll probably see more and more plaid prints hitting department stores. But why shell out cash for a shirt that can be found in your man’s closet? Cara Smusiak, of Planet Green says:
We all talk about organic cotton and bamboo fiber as a green alternative to conventionally grown or petroleum-based fibers, but sharing clothing is a thrifty way to keep up with trends and reduce consumption – which also makes your wardrobe green.
If you’re not sold on the laid-back look of plaid, there are plenty of ways to “dress up” this thrifty fashion. Consider these helpful fashion tips from Smusiak:
- The Lumberjack – “Grab an oversized, flannel plaid button-down and throw it on with skinny jeans or leggings. Add a belt at the waist to give yourself a figure, and you’re good to go.”
- Weathered Jeans – Don’t go buying “boyfriend jeans”. Snatch a pair from his closet and “secure that baggy waist with a wide belt at the hips.”
- His Ring- wear his ring as a charm on a necklace
- Blazers are back- borrow your man’s blazer rather than purchasing one in the store. Leave the jacket open or clinch it at the waist with a belt to avoid having that “boxy figure.”
- “Chic Chapeau”- hats are a hit this season. “Borrowing your man’s fedora or bowler is a great way to bring a little edgy menswear style to your look.”
Read More: 5 Hot Fall Looks You Can Borrow From Your Boyfriend (Planet Green)