Photo: Ronaldo F Cabuhat (Flickr)
It’s getting to be that time of year. Electric bills are going to rise and it’s going to get more difficult to heat your house without paying a gillion dollars a month! Plant Green has some great tips that will not only keep your house warmer, but they’ll add value to your house as well!
- Insulate – adding more insulation cuts energy costs and helps to boots your return on investment more than 100 percent
- Updating the kitchen - normally, the kitchen is the best place to look for a return on investment. Installing green counters or putting in a new floor should give you a return of 90 to 100 percent!
- Bathroom – try repainting the walls or “regrouting” the tile. Also try upgrading fixtures to maximize water conservation in your bathroom.
- Examine Windows - first rule to window maintenance, always “fix before you replace.” Totally replacing the window frames on your old home can actually take away it’s historical value.
- Heating and Air – in order to add value to your home, try geothermal heat pumps or solar heating rather than the norm. Also, as mentioned above, adding insulation and keeping your windows sealed can help keep your home warm and toasty.
Read More: 5 Green Improvements That Will Add Value To Your Home (Planet Green)