Photo: paul_appleyard (flickr)
Many of us try to limit driving because it impacts the environment. But, did you know that changing the way you drive could improve your mileage an average of 5-15 percent or as much as 20-25 percent!
What Is Eco-Driving?
Eco-drivers are more calm on the road. They let their cars coast more and do not quickly step on the accelerator or brake.
It is estimated that if you practiced eco-driving you could save $200-$400 dollars a year!
How Do I Change My Driving?
Here are some helpful tips to help you eco-drive!
- Limit how much you drive
- Avoid rapid starts and stops
- Remember, you do not have to let your car “warm up.” Modern cars are able to handle temperature changes.
- Use air conditioning at higher speeds
- Use cruise control for long journeys
- Avoid idling
- Get an automated toll pass so you don’t have to sit in traffic
- Keep your car happy and healthy
Changing just some of your driving habits can help save you money!