TRIP SOLD OUT
Approximately $3,795 per person, double occupancy (land pricing only)
For further information, please call Joan Curts at (812) 320-1359.
Immerse yourself for one full week in quintessential England, with four nights in the legendary university town of Oxford and three nights in the charming Cotswolds villages. Local guides lead you through the fabled quads of Oxford University and the rolling hills of the Cotswolds. By special arrangement,Lord Charles Spencer-Churchill hosts an exclusive tour and lunch in Blenheim Palace. Carefully designed excursions and cultural enhancements capture the true essence of this storybook region—visit the Victorian Highclere Castle and the village of Bampton of Downton Abbey fame. Meet local residents during the exclusive TOWN & COUNTRY FORUM (TM). Three-night Cambridge Pre-Program and Canterbury Post-Program Options.
OLD SWAN & MINSTER MILL
Tucked away in the most romantic corner of the Cotswolds, this award-winning boutique hotel retains the country charm of bygone years while offering modern conveniences. The finely appointed guest rooms with private bathrooms overlook the gardens and meadows. Hearty gastropub cuisine crafted from fresh local ingredients is served in the cozy dining rooms, which feature heavy wood beams, flagstone floors and roaring fireplaces.
MACDONALD RANDOLPH HOTEL
This elegant Five-Star hotel is ideally located in the heart of Oxford and features only 151 luxurious guest rooms. Recently refurbished, the landmark hotel maintains its 19th-century charm and stellar reputation. The award-winning restaurant serves contemporary and classic British fare, and the stylish Drawing Room is famous for its traditional afternoon teas. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel.
This travel program features
In the Cotswolds, England, U.K.
- Three nights in the charming Old Swan & Minster Mill.
- Private Welcome Reception.
- Breakfast each day in the hotel and one dinner.
In Oxford, England, U.K.
- Four nights in the historic MacDonald Randolph Hotel.
- Private Farewell Reception in the hotel.
- Breakfast each day in the hotel, one lunch and one dinner.
Excursions led by local experts Accredited by the British Guild of Guides
- Walking tour of legendary university town of Oxford.
- Tour of the typical charming Cotswolds villages of Burford, Stow-on-the-Wold, Chippin Campden and Bampton, the village featured in Downton Abbey.
- Visit to Downton Abbey’s Victorian Highclere Castle.
- Exclusive guided tour of Sir Winston Churchill’s birthplace, Blenheim Palace, and its magnificent gardens.
- Visit to Sir Winston Churchill’s grave in Bladon.
Exclusive Cultural Enrichments
- Unique look at the English countryside’s architecture, cultural traditions and timeless way of life during visits to historic Cotswolds villages.
- Private meeting in Blenheim Palace with Lord Charles Spencer-Churchill, who offers a unique perspective of the life of Sir Winston Churchill and his childhood home.
- Specially arranged private luncheon in Blenheim Palace’s Marlborough Room.
- Private Farewell Dinner in one of Oxford University’s colleges.
- Specially arranged TOWN & COUNTRY FORUM with residents who will discuss contemporary life in the Cotswolds.